Tuesday, 15 May 2012

The Japan Foundation Japanese Speech Contest! (Jabodetabek)

Last Saturday, 12th May 2012 was my Japan Foundation Speech Contest for Jabodetabek! (for those of you who doesn't know Jabodetabek, it's Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, and Bekasi)

My Speech was titled 頑張りの魂or Ganbari no Tamashii. Which is about the fighting spirit of people, perseverance, and the learning process.



oh hello hugeface.



And... I won 2nd Place :)






I was so happy that I got second place, even though everybody that congratulated me wondered why I didn't get the first. But, hey, it's a learning process, and I believe this will make me work harder for the Nationals!

And I keep feeling confused as to why people keep asking me what the prizes are. And when I said I was given a radio, the trophy and a Kanji Dictionary, they seem kinda disappointed. What? I don't give a holy poop about the prizes. The best prizes was to be able to go to Nationals! And what do you care about MY prizes?

The National Speech Competition is on June 9th! I'm gonna work so hard to get the first or second place, since they got to go to Japan for free! :D

And it's also the birthday of someone special :)


**edit

More photos from Japan Foundation's official Facebook!

 Let's all just laugh at myself. There was only one photo of participants talking that was published on the facebook and it had to be this one. Me looking like a rabbit.. punching something. 


contemplating on wearing heels, but.. I already looked like a giant without one.

These are all ten of the participants and the honorable judges! :) 

1 comment: