He led me to this link. So I watched it. I know it's dated waaaay back.
I LAUGHED non-stop during that stupid state rep's speech.
I've quoted interesting ones for you lazy readers.
"Homosexual couples.. cannot produce children. Heterosexual couples CAN. THAT'S what marriage is!"
after that he proceeded into doing an odd set of movement which made me truly believe he's mentally retarded. Rich Anderson, get off the friggin podium before I throw rainbows at you.
a. yes, whatever happens to heterosexual couples who are infertile?
b. What do you call couples having children outside marriage? MARRIAGE?
"We want to protect something called responsible procreation... We want to drive... *insert weird hand gestures* procreation into a stable... relationship-- and, and procreation only happens between... *gropes invisible bosoms* male and female. You see, a male and female can do something that a homosexual com-- couple cannot. They can create children... accidentally. It isn't about love, it isn't about romance.."

and the award for Most Stupid State Rep goes to..... MISTER RICH ANDERSON!
1. "we want to protect something called responsible procreation." and what do you know, a few sentence later, he mentioned a flaw that homosexuals have and that heterosexuals don't: Heteros can create children accidentally. This is a lot more funnier than 9gag.
2. Apparently responsible procreation isn't about love and romance. Kids, listen to Rich and throw away all your fairy tales. It's not about love or romance. Never is in Iowa.
3. creating accidental children is apparently BETTER than homosexual marriage. WOW. Just wow. Go make babies now, at least it's better than being gay, according to Rich.
What I can't believe was that people listened more to this NONSENSICAL BABBLING IDIOT that is Rich Anderson rather than a real, mature, honest gentleman speaking from his own life, Zach Walsh.
What I can't believe was that people listened more to this NONSENSICAL BABBLING IDIOT that is Rich Anderson rather than a real, mature, honest gentleman speaking from his own life, Zach Walsh.
"I guess the point is that our family isn't so different with any other Iowa family, you know, when I home we go to church together, we eat dinner, we go on vacations, uh, but we have our hard times to, we get in fights..."
"but you know, we're Iowans, we don't expect anyone to solve our problems for us, we'll fight our own battles, we just hope for equal and fair treatment from our government."
"after all, your family doesn't derive its sense of worth from the being told by the state, 'you're married, congratulations!' No, the sense of family comes from the commitment we make to each other to work through the hard times so we can enjoy the good ones that comes from the love that binds us. THAT's what makes a family."
"...because the sexual orientation of my parents has had ZERO effect of the content of my character."
I couldn't quote anymore, since i'm basically tearing.
So Iowa, why on EARTH did you still vote to discriminate REAL families? Has the world gone that mad for sane people to listen to babbling idiots? I have absolutely no idea.
Here you have living proof of a successful gay marriage, and you still feel like you should make these people a second class citizen because they just are different.
It's basically the same as not understanding English spoken by an Irish just because it's different.
My faith in humanity just evaporated about 50%.


No comments:
Post a Comment